You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.401 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » Coral Reef Mafia: Endgame
Bottom
Topic Subject:Coral Reef Mafia: Endgame
« Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10 11 12 ··· 16  Next Page »
Blatant
DoFH Seraph & Director of Seraphs
(id: blatant7)
posted 29 July 2014 03:27 PM EDT (US)         

Life was good in the coral reef. Countless species of colorful fish lived out their lives, found mates, and raised families of their own. Everything was as it should be. Then, one day, a dark figure swam overhead, blocking out the sun and shrouding everything in darkness. There was a new danger in the reef, and it threatened to end the fishes peaceful way of life forever.

Rules:

• This game is closed communication unless specified in your role email.
  • Don't directly quote your role email.
  • Don't edit any of your posts in the game thread.
  • Don't post after the day has ended.
  • Please vote and unvote correctly.
  • An inactive fish is a dead fish. Don't be an inactive fish.
  • Don't post after you're dead.
  • Normal mafia game mechanics apply.
  • Night will not last longer than 48 hours.
  • Just keep swimming.

Still swimming:

1.Ashrzr
    2.Baske
    3.scragins

Belly up:
    1.Out Reach - Sunset Wrasse - VT
    2.Excelsior - Moorish Idol - VT
    3.Herr - Potter's Angelfish - VT
    4.WRP - Grey Reef Shark - Mafia Goon
    5.sneaky squirrel - Great White Shark - Mafia Godfather
    6.Yeeb - Blue-Spotted Stingray - Roleblocker
    7.Cheddar Chap - Saddleback Butterflyfish - VT
    7.Alex - Golden Damselfish - VT
    8.ninjapenguin - Striped Surgeonfish - Doctor

Replacements:
    1.Lewonas

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
    But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson

[This message has been edited by Blatant (edited 11-11-2014 @ 07:51 PM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    Alex
    (VIP) Reverie World Studios
    (id: pEpsIdUDe_123)
    posted 29 August 2014 10:25 AM EDT (US)     226 / 401       
    Yeah, I'm not sure why Herr was targeted. He didn't post enough to be a threat to the mafia or to be seen as particularly townlike. My first thought was that Herr was a bomb, but I assume that would have been revealed and I don't see anything poisonous about the angelfish. I would have gone after the confirmed power roles - Yeeb, scragins, and Baske.

scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 29 August 2014 12:03 PM EDT (US)     227 / 401       
    By the way, is it an option Herr got killed out of fright of being blocked in case of targetting any other - more obivous - player?
    I mentioned that in the last sentence of my previous post, they could however it is not the best option for them if Yeeb is a scum RB. I could see them thinking that either myself our Yeeb would be protected by a doctor. If Yeeb is town and not an RB then there would have been no reason to favour Herr as a VT compared to anyone else, which supports Yeeb being town.

@Baske is there any chance that you have some special ability that makes you immune to tracking, I was told my action failed not that I was blocked?
    Alex
    posted 29 August 2014 12:37 PM EDT (US)     228 / 401       
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but in most games, non-investigative players aren't notified that they've been blocked.

ninjapenguin981
    Mortal
    (id: ninjapenguin)
    posted 29 August 2014 06:48 PM EDT (US)     229 / 401       
    I think asking for 'definitely pro-town thing that you've done' is a little bit absurd. It's been a day and a bit and pretty much pure speculation so far, so I find it to say that anyone has done something quintessentially pro-town. Sure there are those who have drafted lists and created ideas, but other than providing my thoughts on the matter and tried to help in any way I don't see what else I can point to.

As for my role-claim, I am another VT. God knows where all our power roles are unless they've lied or are keeping under the radar.

ninjapenguin981
    I AM THE ALMIGHTY ETERNAL LOSER SISSY BOY
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 30 August 2014 03:00 AM EDT (US)     230 / 401       
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but in most games, non-investigative players aren't notified that they've been blocked.
    Not sure I never really thought about that but just because something happens in most games doesn't mean it will happen in this game.
    As for my role-claim, I am another VT. God knows where all our power roles are unless they've lied or are keeping under the radar.
    That is a reason that adds to my suspicion of Ash, a scum RoleBlocker would assume that there are numerous town Power Roles other wise there would not be much use for their role.

Is this a correct claims list?

1.Yeeb - Unknown Power Role
    2.Ashrzr - Unknown
    3.Cheddar Chap - Unknown
    4.Baske - Survivor 1 shot kill
    5.ninjapenguin - VT
    6.sneaky squirrel - VT
    7.scragins - Tracker
    8.Alex - VT
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 30 August 2014 03:02 AM EDT (US)     231 / 401       
    Just corrupting my claim list I don't think Alex has claimed yet.
    Weed Basket
    Carrier-pigeon of bad news
    (id: Baske)
    posted 30 August 2014 09:55 AM EDT (US)     232 / 401       
    Scragins, not that I'm aware of, no.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 30 August 2014 10:25 AM EDT (US)     233 / 401       
    Correcting not corrupting.
    Weed Basket
    posted 02 September 2014 01:09 AM EDT (US)     234 / 401       
    Everybody's suddenly super-busy?

Excelsior
    Mortal
    posted 02 September 2014 09:15 AM EDT (US)     235 / 401       
    If it is needed, I can replace in. If it is not, I'll just continue watching. (Lewonas has first dibs, obviously)

"It looks like a huge shark just took a bite out of Excelsior's ass"-Colonel Kyle Riggs, Star Force: Storm Assault
    Yeebaagooon
    EXCO Emeritus
    posted 02 September 2014 11:56 AM EDT (US)     236 / 401       
    Not really posting because I have nothing to add to the discussion.
    Think Alex's post about the fish may be the best bet we have.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "I saw the picture and became immediately worried about Yeeb seducing and buying out Zen" - Shanks13
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto 5.0|Multiplayer: Minigames X 4.7|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
    Alex
    posted 02 September 2014 03:16 PM EDT (US)     237 / 401       
    I just moved so it will be a bit before I have internet. With that said, my vote's staying on sneaky unless anyone can come up with a better lead.

Ashrzr
    Battle of the Forums EEH winning team
    (id: normandy887)
    posted 02 September 2014 04:41 PM EDT (US)     238 / 401       
    Sorry, I've been programming a website for an independent oil company, so that's been eating up most of my computer time.

I don't like Sneaky's claim, but Baske is the obvious lynch target to me. He's the least risky, and, if he's telling the truth, I'm not inclined to take his word for it that he's siding with the town and that he won't change his mind just because. It's way too early for a survivor, who is inevitably playing for himself, to make a call like that.

"Cue gang-rape music!" - Rotaretilbo
    "What the f*** is gang-rape music?" - Cheddar Chap
    Ashrzr
    posted 02 September 2014 04:49 PM EDT (US)     239 / 401       
    Not to mention, I voted to lynch Excel yesterday because of his later VT claim didn't match what he said in the beginning about being powerful. It gives me a bad vibe that Baske tried to make himself out to be passive and peaceful, yet later tells us out of the blue that he has a kill.

sneaky_squirrel
    Mortal
    posted 03 September 2014 12:07 PM EDT (US)     240 / 401       
    I think getting rid of the "Shark" is the safest move the town can make.

Even if Baske were to be a survivor (Which I doubt), if the town were to lynch a town member by mistake, the player count would lower from 8 to 7, and in the night would dwindle from 7 to 6.
    Yeebaagoon's Post

I think it is safe to assume that the mafia have at least one power role whether it be a tracker or a roleblocker.
    This leaves at least 2 of them left to catch, possibly 3.

Good job Baske.
    Mafia has either 2 or 3 members left. If we assume there are only 2 mafia left, that means that there would be 2 town, 2 mafia, and 1 survivor.

Best case scenario of a mislynch today puts the survivor in a position to kill the town (Since he doesn't care who wins, he'll just bandwagon the first vote to make sure he isn't lynched).

A one shot vigilante Whale Shark is way too convenient of a role for Baske (Considering he just revealed a Shark). It sure is a crazy coincidence he claimed right after the first shark appeared. Baske is the best lead right now.

Vote: Baske

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
    Yeebaagooon
    EXCO Emeritus
    posted 03 September 2014 12:46 PM EDT (US)     241 / 401       
    No. Baske is not anywhere near our best lynch candidate today.
    I get there is some suspicion from some people, but I think it best to have our roleblocker block Baske to lighten this up. The fact that there were TWO kills fits perfectly.

Please unvote Baske, I really do not want a speed lynch - especially not on a player I consider to be town aligned. If it has to be between Baske and Sneaky, then I will vote Sneaky.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    "I saw the picture and became immediately worried about Yeeb seducing and buying out Zen" - Shanks13
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto 5.0|Multiplayer: Minigames X 4.7|CSC 7
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 04 September 2014 02:57 AM EDT (US)     242 / 401       
    I get there is some suspicion from some people, but I think it best to have our roleblocker block Baske to lighten this up.
    Why do you think the town has a RB? Because my action failed?
    Weed Basket
    posted 05 September 2014 09:54 AM EDT (US)     243 / 401       
    Baske is the obvious lynch target to me. He's the least risky, and, if he's telling the truth, I'm not inclined to take his word for it that he's siding with the town and that he won't change his mind just because. It's way too early for a survivor, who is inevitably playing for himself, to make a call like that.
    Too early for a survivor? I see no other way for a survivor to stay alive than to just claim and have everybody know what's what. I understand your reluctancy to fully believe me because of the kill I made this night, I'd like to state however:
  • I claimed and admitted the kill to my own name immediately. If I did not want to reveal this information to you guys, simply not mentioning would have sufficed.
  • Since the beginning of the game I have been crystal-clear, including the mentioning of my rolename, putting me in an obvious risk due to the name. I have literally nothing to hide.

Regarding Sneaky's post, disregarding the fact that it's pointed at me, is undoubtedly a suspicious one. The reasoning behind it is simply repetitive arguments followed by a vote, which just so happens to come after several parties already expressed their suspicion of my role.

This for me constitutes as enough reasoning for a vote.

Vote: Sneaky

Now, regarding your actual reasoning; it's not at all such a big coincidence that I claimed 'right after a Shark was revealed', because I made the kill, and it was my intention to claim first thing going into Day 2.

Going into the actual name of the roles, it is not at all surprising that Sharks would be the mafia's names in this particular game. The fact that my Survivor name is Whale Shark is carefully picked too, most likely exactly for what's happening right now; name claiming is a risky thing for me to do, making sure I don't get an easy win by going unnoticed.

What I learned from the fact I got a Shark, is that false-claiming is fairly easy in this game, and that essentially not a single name-claim should be believed.

It is obviously not my right to ask you to take your vote off me, even more so when I put the vote on you - which is where it will remain unless I get requested by other townies to move it elsewhere. I'd still like to do it though; please take your vote off me

• Ashrzr
    posted 05 September 2014 11:54 AM EDT (US)     244 / 401       
    I claimed and admitted the kill to my own name immediately. If I did not want to reveal this information to you guys, simply not mentioning would have sufficed.
    Except that if you're a serial killer, you would do it to try to win brownie points with us. Claiming survivor also nullifies any cop investigation on you, so mentioning it definitely suffices.
    Since the beginning of the game I have been crystal-clear, including the mentioning of my rolename, putting me in an obvious risk due to the name. I have literally nothing to hide.
    See above.
    Too early for a survivor? I see no other way for a survivor to stay alive than to just claim and have everybody know what's what.
    Survivors almost always, always side with the scum. And what do they say when they claim? That they're on the town's side. I've seen this way too many times before. Not to mention, Survivor Vigilante is the most common scum claim of all time.

Seriously, it makes way too much sense to lynch you. It's textbook.

The cop can investigate sneaky. You, on the other hand, will always show up guilty to investigations, which doesn't help us. It makes way too much sense to lynch you.

Vote: Baske

Yeebaagooon
    EXCO Emeritus
    posted 05 September 2014 12:46 PM EDT (US)     245 / 401       
    If Baske is scum why did he immediately cast suspicion on WRP, his fellow team mate?

Vote: Sneaky
    Rather Sneaky go than Baske.

ninjapenguin981
    Mortal
    (id: ninjapenguin)
    posted 05 September 2014 02:34 PM EDT (US)     246 / 401       
    The flavour just doesn't make sense for Baske to be mafia. I see this going one of two ways, and am going to say that I think sneaky is the more suspicious of the two.

Vote:Sneaky

ninjapenguin981
    I AM THE ALMIGHTY ETERNAL LOSER SISSY BOY
    Yeebaagooon
    EXCO Emeritus
    posted 06 September 2014 05:12 PM EDT (US)     247 / 401       
    1 to lynch sneaky.

scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 07 September 2014 08:51 AM EDT (US)     248 / 401       
    Why is the lynch option between Baske or Sneaky. The way I see it Baske is a kind of safe option as the town does not lose a player. People seem to have jumped quickly onto Sneaky. I don't really agree with Sneaky's reasoning for why Baske is scum (or more likely a SK). So he was seeming a little over aggressive suggesting he is scum. I think if the town has a role blocker they should target Baske to ensure he isn't lying about how many kills he can make. Are we ready to lynch or is there something else we want to discuss?
    Weed Basket
    posted 07 September 2014 09:01 AM EDT (US)     249 / 401       
    Way I see it scragins;

8 players: 2-3 mafia members left, 4-5 town left, and 1 neutral party.

I get lynched; town loses a party that could potentially side with them and likely a kill is made at night. Advantage shifts to mafia in Day 3 because of potential speedlynches.

I cannot side with mafia, because I do not know who they are. I see it as simply too risky a move. Adding the fact that I can openly communicate with town is obviously a big bonus. Win-win, basically.

Ash, if survivors usually tend to side with mafia, I have an issue with the reasoning of the majority of survivor players.

I'm open to any kind of investigation. I can already say that roleblocking will be a wasted night-action, but.. I can perfectly see how I would make most sense to block this night. If I really need to be confirmed, perhaps an extra night of tracking me?

At the end of the line, I just want to urge you to check my lay-out I mentioned in the beginning of my post. It's the way I see it, and it's how I see we can help each other.

Ashrzr
    posted 07 September 2014 04:10 PM EDT (US)     250 / 401       
    I'm open to any kind of investigation. I can already say that roleblocking will be a wasted night-action, but.. I can perfectly see how I would make most sense to block this night. If I really need to be confirmed, perhaps an extra night of tracking me?
    Survivors always turn up guilty to investigations. At least if we keep Sneaky alive and investigate him tonight, we can be sure.

Roleblocking/tracking won't really do any good either, because you could easily be a serial killer abstaining from killing. In short, there's no way to reasonably confirm.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10 11 12 ··· 16  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames