You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.401 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » Coral Reef Mafia: Endgame
Bottom
Topic Subject:Coral Reef Mafia: Endgame
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 11 12 13 14 ··· 16  Next Page »
Blatant
DoFH Seraph & Director of Seraphs
(id: blatant7)
posted 29 July 2014 03:27 PM EDT (US)         

Life was good in the coral reef. Countless species of colorful fish lived out their lives, found mates, and raised families of their own. Everything was as it should be. Then, one day, a dark figure swam overhead, blocking out the sun and shrouding everything in darkness. There was a new danger in the reef, and it threatened to end the fishes peaceful way of life forever.

Rules:

• This game is closed communication unless specified in your role email.
  • Don't directly quote your role email.
  • Don't edit any of your posts in the game thread.
  • Don't post after the day has ended.
  • Please vote and unvote correctly.
  • An inactive fish is a dead fish. Don't be an inactive fish.
  • Don't post after you're dead.
  • Normal mafia game mechanics apply.
  • Night will not last longer than 48 hours.
  • Just keep swimming.

Still swimming:

1.Ashrzr
    2.Baske
    3.scragins

Belly up:
    1.Out Reach - Sunset Wrasse - VT
    2.Excelsior - Moorish Idol - VT
    3.Herr - Potter's Angelfish - VT
    4.WRP - Grey Reef Shark - Mafia Goon
    5.sneaky squirrel - Great White Shark - Mafia Godfather
    6.Yeeb - Blue-Spotted Stingray - Roleblocker
    7.Cheddar Chap - Saddleback Butterflyfish - VT
    7.Alex - Golden Damselfish - VT
    8.ninjapenguin - Striped Surgeonfish - Doctor

Replacements:
    1.Lewonas

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
    But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson

[This message has been edited by Blatant (edited 11-11-2014 @ 07:51 PM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    Weed Basket
    Carrier-pigeon of bad news
    (id: Baske)
    posted 16 September 2014 04:19 PM EDT (US)     276 / 401       
    1.Ashrzr = Town
    2.Cheddar Chap
    3.Baske
    4.ninjapenguin
    5.scragins = Town
    6.Alex

Truly a shame Yeeb went out, although he makes most sense, as scragins would likely be protected.

The fact there's no town win at this point tells me we have 1 goon, and something else on the loose. Odd, given the fact night 0 had 1 kill (mafia), night 1 had 2 kills (mafia and me), and now night 2 had 1 kill.

Is it possible for mafia to keep its kill? Or is this a right reserved to the Godfather? Been a while since I played to remember exact rules...

If I'd point a FoS at this point, it's Alex. He's been suspiciously quiet throughout the game, posting just enough to stay out of sight.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”
    Yeebaagooon
    EXCO Emeritus
    posted 16 September 2014 05:04 PM EDT (US)     277 / 401       
    I enjoyed the ravaging immensely .
    Glad we got the godfather, come on town!

*Slides back into grave*

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "I saw the picture and became immediately worried about Yeeb seducing and buying out Zen" - Shanks13
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto 5.0|Multiplayer: Minigames X 4.7|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
    Blatant
    DoFH Seraph & Director of Seraphs
    (id: blatant7)
    posted 16 September 2014 05:13 PM EDT (US)     278 / 401       

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
    But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
    Alex
    (VIP) Reverie World Studios
    (id: pEpsIdUDe_123)
    posted 16 September 2014 05:35 PM EDT (US)     279 / 401       
    If I'm scum, why would I have initiated the lynch against sneaky? I'm also the one who said it was weird that Excel had flavor to his role before Blatant revealed that mafia were given more flavor than town. I've been quiet because I already posted my thoughts on every single player and no one was really presenting new arguments to respond to.

I'd say the remaining mafia is either Ash or Mozzy, most likely Mozzy. And this is mostly through a process of elimination:

Baske more or less confirmed as an SK, unless anyone else wants to take the credit for WRP or the mafia were given an extra one-shot kill

ninjapenguin voted sneaky. would be surprising to have multiple mafia claiming to be surgeonfish

scragins confirmed as a tracker by Yeeb. Could be scum but not likely due to how many VTs town has

Alex case mentioned above

Ashrzr (?) cast suspicion on WRP. Voted to lynch sneaky, albeit as the last vote.

Cheddar Chap (?) removed vote from excel (although put a lot of pressure on him). Pretty quiet Day 2 except for making a case against scragins.

I'd also like to hear what scragins found.

Cheddar Chap
    Mortal
    (id: The Cheese Man)
    posted 16 September 2014 11:41 PM EDT (US)     280 / 401       
    Both because they have tried to divert attention away from sneaky for most of yesterday
    I also feel Sneaky is pretty scummy
    Vote: Ash

So far I haven't been wrong except maybe with Scragins and I guess I just overreacted because I was convinced at the end of day one that Excel was Town and then the Town (including Scragins) lynched him anyway. So I was pretty peeved that Day-1 ended the way it did. That's why I put my vote on Scragins Day-2.

I think it should be clear that I haven't actually done anything scummy at all.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
    Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
    Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
    Cheddar Chap
    Mortal
    posted 16 September 2014 11:43 PM EDT (US)     281 / 401       
    Alex, SK means serial killer. If Baske is a serial killer he is by no means a . I think you mean 1-shot survivor.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
    Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
    Cheddar Chap
    Mortal
    posted 16 September 2014 11:44 PM EDT (US)     282 / 401       
    Yeah, I was pretty wrong about Scragins when I look back on it. I was just really irritated that the Town continued with it's lynch of Excel the day before.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    Ashrzr
    Battle of the Forums EEH winning team
    (id: normandy887)
    posted 17 September 2014 00:13 AM EDT (US)     283 / 401       
    To be fair, I wanted to lynch Baske long before Sneaky even came up. I still do.

I'm pretty sure that Mozzy is the remaining mafia. He wanted to lynch a confirmed tracker in spite of the dilemma between Baske and Sneaky, which is one of the more suspicious things any of the living players have done. But the fact that there was a kill last night leads me to believe Baske, the most likely SK, is a more immediate threat.

"Cue gang-rape music!" - Rotaretilbo
    "What the f*** is gang-rape music?" - Cheddar Chap
    Weed Basket
    posted 17 September 2014 01:49 AM EDT (US)     284 / 401       
    The extra kill is truly odd. I can asure you I have a one-shot kill, and some external force is still in play. At this point, Ash, I can really only underline the fact that if I get lynched, town loses a voter.

It actually makes sense when you think about it:

6 players left in play. Why has town not won yet because of majority? Well, easy:

3 Town
    1 Mafia
    1 Something
    1 Survivor; me

In case town makes the right call; 2 more days, 2 more lynches.

I'm going to have to get back to my statement about Alex. Jumped the gun on that one.

1.Ashrzr = Town
    2.Cheddar Chap
    3.Baske = One-Shot Survivor
    4.ninjapenguin
    5.scragins = Town
    6.Alex =

Ash's error concerning sneaky, and his willingness to defend him actually make me believe he made an honest mistake in judging.

Not an easy one at this point. Pick your shots carefully townies If I get lynched:

End of this day:Town 3 - Scum 2:
    Night: Kill at night:
    Day: T2 - S2 - speedlynch could end the whole thing.

Weed Basket
    posted 17 September 2014 04:48 AM EDT (US)     285 / 401       
    Ash, just an extra argument, that might make you believe my statements more; Yeeb has from the beginning supported my claims and has actually even defended me.

If I were an SK looking to strategically take out town, I'd have either targetted you; to quiet down the suspicions towards me, or Alex/Cheddar because of their neutrality.

One thing I know for sure; I would not target Yeeb.

scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 17 September 2014 05:07 AM EDT (US)     286 / 401       
    Alright I targeted Ash Last night however my action failed again. I am trying to find out more about what this means.
    End of this day:Town 3 - Scum 2:
    Night: Kill at night:
    Day: T2 - S2 - speedlynch could end the whole thing.
    Actually no since you can contrite to a speed lynch today and contribute to the scums numbers for winning.

I'm just wondering about how I am failing because if scum still has a RB that means they had 2 players alive last night and 2 were already dead meaning they had 4/12 to start with plus Baske (survivor) making 5/12. The first 2 players to die were town taking the ratio to 5/10 then 4/8 and now 3/6. I doubt we were in a lynch or lose situation for 2 days as that would scum should have jumped by now.
    So basically I think there was 1 scum alive last night.

If there was one scum alive last night how was I role blocked and a kill made? Possibly Yeeb blocked me.

I am mostly interested about Ash hence why I targeted him last night. I found it odd the way he has persisted with ideas about what people are to keep pressure on them, he also also suggested who the cop should target choosing players who were not scum as the target. I am also curious about Alex mainly because he has gone under the radar for so long and I can't recall any point in the game when something about him was being discussed.

I was actually thinking that Yeeb could have been an RB, Doc, Body Guard or Jailer who would swim over someone effectively immobilizing them by sitting on them. So there is a slight amount of logic to the way power roles have been assigned.
    ninjapenguin981
    Mortal
    (id: ninjapenguin)
    posted 17 September 2014 12:43 PM EDT (US)     287 / 401       
    6 players left in play. Why has town not won yet because of majority?
    Town starts with a majority. Just because town has a majority doesn't mean they will win. The mafia/SK etc need to be all dead for the town to win.

ninjapenguin981
    I AM THE ALMIGHTY ETERNAL LOSER SISSY BOY
    Alex
    posted 17 September 2014 01:13 PM EDT (US)     288 / 401       
    Is it common for the mafia kill to be tied solely to the godfather? In all the games I've hosted and the times I've played as mafia that I remember, the godfather was immune to investigations but the actual kill action was passed down to one of the goons after his death.

Ashrzr
    posted 17 September 2014 01:17 PM EDT (US)     289 / 401       
    Ash, just an extra argument, that might make you believe my statements more; Yeeb has from the beginning supported my claims and has actually even defended me.

If I were an SK looking to strategically take out town, I'd have either targetted you; to quiet down the suspicions towards me, or Alex/Cheddar because of their neutrality.

One thing I know for sure; I would not target Yeeb.
    That's a good point, Baske, but it's still WIFOM.
    I am mostly interested about Ash hence why I targeted him last night. I found it odd the way he has persisted with ideas about what people are to keep pressure on them, he also also suggested who the cop should target choosing players who were not scum as the target.
    What exactly is odd about that?

Weed Basket
    posted 18 September 2014 01:21 AM EDT (US)     290 / 401       
    [q=AlexIs it common for the mafia kill to be tied solely to the godfather? In all the games I've hosted and the times I've played as mafia that I remember, the godfather was immune to investigations but the actual kill action was passed down to one of the goons after his death.Exactly my question. Perhaps we're really only looking at 2 mafias?
    Yeah... I know... Unfortunately at this point the only thing I can still use to convince you.

Weed Basket
    posted 18 September 2014 01:24 AM EDT (US)     291 / 401       
    Corrected above post's cosmetic issues
    Is it common for the mafia kill to be tied solely to the godfather? In all the games I've hosted and the times I've played as mafia that I remember, the godfather was immune to investigations but the actual kill action was passed down to one of the goons after his death.
    Exactly my question. Perhaps we're really only looking at 2 mafias?
    Yeah... I know... Unfortunately at this point the only thing I can still use to convince you.

scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 18 September 2014 04:03 AM EDT (US)     292 / 401       
    What exactly is odd about that?
    Odd may have not been the best word suspicious is probably a better one. The fact that you clung onto the idea that I was a tracker SK and Baske is a SK more than any other player in both cases. Telling the cop to investigate town players stops the cop from finding scum. I would like a claim from you.
    Ashrzr
    posted 18 September 2014 02:33 PM EDT (US)     293 / 401       
    Odd may have not been the best word suspicious is probably a better one. The fact that you clung onto the idea that I was a tracker SK and Baske is a SK more than any other player in both cases. Telling the cop to investigate town players stops the cop from finding scum. I would like a claim from you.
    I always tell people what to do, because I'm usually right. I'm just a VT. Taking a trip down memory lane, I didn't believe Excelsior's claim as VT because his flavor was apparently so descriptive, whereas mine hardly is at all, and his flavor didn't match his role to begin with. I was more partial to VT claims after that since Out Reach also was one, which was why I figured Sneaky was telling the truth. Alex and Yeeb both struck me as having participatory roles based on the way they were playing, so I was trying to do some intuitive process of elimination.

Tell you what. I think Mozzy is the remaining mafia. Mozzy, scragins, and I were the only ones that didn't want to lynch Sneaky. I guess scragins actually could still be a Tracker SK, and could have just claimed to be be blocked last night while using his kill, but I'm going with Occam's razor and sticking with the simplest explanation until there is evidence to the contrary. I think it's actually a better idea to lynch Mozzy, because after that, if the mafia is eliminated and the game still goes on, we can investigate scragins (if we haven't already) and infer Baske's status.

Vote: Cheddar Chap

scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 18 September 2014 09:37 PM EDT (US)     294 / 401       
    So your a VT Ash, that takes me back to my earlier point (from yesterday) as to why you assumed that we had lots of power roles that point would have been supported if you were a power role. As you are not the only reasoning you had is the same as you have used to defend yourself with every point I have raised against you "because I'm usually right" or that is what usually happens.
    I guess scragins actually could still be a Tracker SK, and could have just claimed to be be blocked last night while using his kill
    Here you go again on this point if you really believe that then the smart thing to do would be ask this question Blatant are failed kill attempts reported?.

I think with only 2 players left to claim it would be worthwhile to have them claim. Then we can actually analyze this situation in particular a cop that has some innocent results would actually be very useful due to the low number of players.
    Ashrzr
    posted 18 September 2014 11:22 PM EDT (US)     295 / 401       
    So your a VT Ash, that takes me back to my earlier point (from yesterday) as to why you assumed that we had lots of power roles that point would have been supported if you were a power role.
    Like I said, because almost every game has lots of power roles. I assumed, at first, that there would be one to two VTs maximum, because that's the norm.
    Here you go again on this point if you really believe that then the smart thing to do would be ask this question Blatant are failed kill attempts reported?.
    I didn't ask that because Blatant has already been asked if the godfather kill is passed down, which allows us to infer the same thing.

Ashrzr
    posted 18 September 2014 11:37 PM EDT (US)     296 / 401       
    Even if that question is answered, it's not conclusive, because the possible SK and possible mafia kill, if it was passed down, theoretically killed the same person. And if we find out that failed kills show up, we have no way of knowing if an SK and/or mafia made a kill; if we find out that failed kills don't show up, we're still in the dark. I don't think inquiring about that is the smart thing to do in this situation.

scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 19 September 2014 00:31 AM EDT (US)     297 / 401       
    Like I said, because almost every game has lots of power roles. I assumed, at first, that there would be one to two VTs maximum, because that's the norm.
    I disagree with this in particular the case with only one VT otherwise why would scum hide as a VT it was not accepted that there are quite often more than 2 of them. Also look at the last Mafia that was played at AoMH that you played in swell far more than 2 VT's.
    I didn't ask that because Blatant has already been asked if the godfather kill is passed down, which allows us to infer the same thing.
    That is completely rubbish. It does not allow you to infer the same thing. Having a kill passed from one member of the mafia to another member has nothing to do with wether or not a failed kill is reported. Anyone how do you even know that the kill was associated with the Godfather there may be a mafia hit man who does the kill.
    if we find out that failed kills don't show up, we're still in the dark.
    Well why don't we at least try to make some light instead of only creating darkness which is what you have been doing. Yes two kills could have target the same person however this is unlikely.
    I don't think inquiring about that is the smart thing to do in this situation.
    Why because it makes me less suspicious and harder to lynch?
    Ashrzr
    posted 19 September 2014 12:39 PM EDT (US)     298 / 401       
    I disagree with this in particular the case with only one VT otherwise why would scum hide as a VT it was not accepted that there are quite often more than 2 of them. Also look at the last Mafia that was played at AoMH that you played in swell far more than 2 VT's.
    Are you saying I played swell that game? Thanks. But that argument is rubbish. So because the last game had multiple VTs, all games do? Come on, scrag. Most games have mostly power roles - that's a fact. You're just being pedantic.
    That is completely rubbish. It does not allow you to infer the same thing. Having a kill passed from one member of the mafia to another member has nothing to do with wether or not a failed kill is reported. Anyone how do you even know that the kill was associated with the Godfather there may be a mafia hit man who does the kill.
    With either question, we make a reasonable assumption about the existence of a serial killer, but not a certainty. Both questions leave us in the same spot. Think about it. Its not rubbish. No matter what, we want to lynch the mafia today. Your last point is right: we don't know. Now who's "creating darkness"?
    Well why don't we at least try to make some light instead of only creating darkness which is what you have been doing. Yes two kills could have target the same person however this is unlikely.
    My point is simply that we can't know for sure whether there is an sk. But we do know the mafia remains, so they should be our priority. Its simply smarter to lynch on certainty this late. On the other hand, on Day 1, assumptions have to be made. What exactly do you disagree with? You're just arguing to argue and being weird.

Alex
    posted 19 September 2014 07:34 PM EDT (US)     299 / 401       
    I find it hard to believe there were either four mafia or three mafia, one SK, and Baske, given that the town is already at a disadvantage with so many VTs.

Would it be possible that the third mafia is a roleblocker but was given a second action (the kill) when the godfather died?

And has everyone claimed? I'm another VT for those who hadn't guessed.

Cheddar Chap
    Mortal
    posted 19 September 2014 09:02 PM EDT (US)     300 / 401       
    Mozzy, scragins, and I were the only ones that didn't want to lynch Sneaky.
    Quote me saying I didn't want Sneaky lynched. Do it.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 10 11 12 13 14 ··· 16  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames