You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.401 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » Coral Reef Mafia: Endgame
Bottom
Topic Subject:Coral Reef Mafia: Endgame
« Previous Page  1 ··· 11 12 13 14 15 ··· 16  Next Page »
Blatant
DoFH Seraph & Director of Seraphs
(id: blatant7)
posted 29 July 2014 03:27 PM EDT (US)         

Life was good in the coral reef. Countless species of colorful fish lived out their lives, found mates, and raised families of their own. Everything was as it should be. Then, one day, a dark figure swam overhead, blocking out the sun and shrouding everything in darkness. There was a new danger in the reef, and it threatened to end the fishes peaceful way of life forever.

Rules:

• This game is closed communication unless specified in your role email.
  • Don't directly quote your role email.
  • Don't edit any of your posts in the game thread.
  • Don't post after the day has ended.
  • Please vote and unvote correctly.
  • An inactive fish is a dead fish. Don't be an inactive fish.
  • Don't post after you're dead.
  • Normal mafia game mechanics apply.
  • Night will not last longer than 48 hours.
  • Just keep swimming.

Still swimming:

1.Ashrzr
    2.Baske
    3.scragins

Belly up:
    1.Out Reach - Sunset Wrasse - VT
    2.Excelsior - Moorish Idol - VT
    3.Herr - Potter's Angelfish - VT
    4.WRP - Grey Reef Shark - Mafia Goon
    5.sneaky squirrel - Great White Shark - Mafia Godfather
    6.Yeeb - Blue-Spotted Stingray - Roleblocker
    7.Cheddar Chap - Saddleback Butterflyfish - VT
    7.Alex - Golden Damselfish - VT
    8.ninjapenguin - Striped Surgeonfish - Doctor

Replacements:
    1.Lewonas

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
    But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson

[This message has been edited by Blatant (edited 11-11-2014 @ 07:51 PM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 19 September 2014 09:10 PM EDT (US)     301 / 401       
    And has everyone claimed? I'm another VT for those who hadn't guessed.
    I think it was only you and Mozzy left to claim.
    Are you saying I played swell that game?
    Sorry it should have said as well.
    Come on, scrag. Most games have mostly power roles - that's a fact. You're just being pedantic.
    I don't disagree with that but what I do think is that most games either have no VT's or 3 or more, since this game had 2 claimed VT's at that point at would have probably hat more suggesting that in this game there would be not many power roles.
    No matter what, we want to lynch the mafia today. Your last point is right: we don't know. Now who's "creating darkness"?
    Yes i am right now but it is all you have done for the whole game lay general suspicions on players and not try to confirm any as town.
    What exactly do you disagree with?
    The fact that you are town, I think you are scum.
    Would it be possible that the third mafia is a roleblocker but was given a second action (the kill) when the godfather died?
    Yes however what normally happens is that then the mafia RB can then either kill or RB someone.
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 19 September 2014 09:14 PM EDT (US)     302 / 401       
    Mozzy, scragins, and I were the only ones that didn't want to lynch Sneaky.
    Quote me saying I didn't want Sneaky lynched. Do it.
    That is actually the same with me, I don't recall ever saying I was against Sneakys lynch I was letting Ash and Mozzy discuss lynching some else.
    Ashrzr
    Battle of the Forums EEH winning team
    (id: normandy887)
    posted 20 September 2014 10:23 PM EDT (US)     303 / 401       
    I don't disagree with that but what I do think is that most games either have no VT's or 3 or more, since this game had 2 claimed VT's at that point at would have probably hat more suggesting that in this game there would be not many power roles.
    You're right except that Excelsior's early flavor claim of being powerful didn't match his VT claim, which is pretty much why we all lynched him.
    Yes i am right now but it is all you have done for the whole game lay general suspicions on players and not try to confirm any as town.
    Not sure why this is a problem. That's how mafia is played: identify suspicious behavior. I don't have the means to confirm anybody.
    That is actually the same with me, I don't recall ever saying I was against Sneakys lynch I was letting Ash and Mozzy discuss lynching some else.
    If you guys wanted to lynch Sneaky, you would have lynched him, but you didn't. If not for Baske, I would have voted for him as well. So we're all in the same boat as far as that is concerned.

"Cue gang-rape music!" - Rotaretilbo
    "What the f*** is gang-rape music?" - Cheddar Chap
    Cheddar Chap
    Mortal
    (id: The Cheese Man)
    posted 20 September 2014 10:36 PM EDT (US)     304 / 401       
    Quote me saying I didn't want Sneaky lynched. Do it.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
    Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
    Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
    Ashrzr
    posted 21 September 2014 00:45 AM EDT (US)     305 / 401       
    Quote yourself where you voted to lynch Sneaky. Do it.

Cheddar Chap
    Mortal
    posted 21 September 2014 01:24 AM EDT (US)     306 / 401       
    I didn't vote for him because I was busy with other problems. But I voiced my opinion that he was scummy.

So take back what you said or you're just blatantly lying.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
    Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 21 September 2014 02:34 AM EDT (US)     307 / 401       
    You're right except that Excelsior's early flavor claim of being powerful didn't match his VT claim, which is pretty much why we all lynched him.
    Excel not being a VT means there are more VT's out there that are yet to claim but I can see where you are coming from with that point.
    Not sure why this is a problem. That's how mafia is played: identify suspicious behavior. I don't have the means to confirm anybody.
    You forgot the part about finding those who are town beyond reasonable doubt which is something scum would not do. This mainly applies to how you have gone on about how I could be a tracker SK.

@Mozzy
    Have you claimed yet I think you are the only person still to claim and I would to have everyone claimed so we can make the most informed decision on what to do.
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 21 September 2014 02:35 AM EDT (US)     308 / 401       
    Also for the past 2 days it has just been us 3 posting, do the other half of the people playing have an opinion?
    Weed Basket
    Carrier-pigeon of bad news
    (id: Baske)
    posted 21 September 2014 08:39 AM EDT (US)     309 / 401       
    Didn't want to get in between the conversation, as it was obviously headed somewhere and didn't want to interrupt.

My 2 cents on the whole happening:
  • I do not believe Ash to be scum. Neither is scragins. I think you guys should stop throwing shit at one another, and focus on the outside world, because you're not getting anywhere.

2 down.
  • I do not know whether Alex is scum, but I'm inclined to believe he is.

3 down.

With those assumptions made, 2 remain:
  • CheddarChap
  • Ninjapenguin

Ninjapenguin is on my list of likely suspects, because of his lack of presence in the discussions, and I cannot remember hearing anything constructive from him.

But...:

Cheddar's a difficult case, but more and more am I inclined to look at him strangely, especially now that somebody had the cojones to point in his direction. The overall aggressive tone just stands out to me. However, where I was certain WRP and Sneaky were scum, I'm not so sure anymore.

Also: he has 1 vote on him. If there are 2 mafia left, 1 goon 1 blocker, they know each other. Hence: should 1 town member place a wrong vote; they could already bandwagon and make the kill. Making them victorious, because there will be a majority. Think about it There's been no speed-lynch, which leads me to believe...........

Vote: CheddarChap

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”
  • scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 21 September 2014 09:33 AM EDT (US)     310 / 401       
    There's been no speed-lynch, which leads me to believe...........
    Mozzy has voted for Ash and Ash for Mozzy. A speed lynch would not if a scum member was being voted for or scum a scum member was already voting.
    Weed Basket
    posted 21 September 2014 11:15 AM EDT (US)     311 / 401       

Unvote

I missed the part where Mozzy actually votes before Ash. My bad.

You're right about what you say scragins.

Vote: Ashrzr

Ashrzr
    posted 21 September 2014 12:04 PM EDT (US)     312 / 401       
    Why did you change your vote?

Ashrzr
    posted 21 September 2014 12:06 PM EDT (US)     313 / 401       
    I didn't vote for him because I was busy with other problems. But I voiced my opinion that he was scummy.

So take back what you said or you're just blatantly lying.
    I voiced my opinion that I didn't like Sneaky's claim long before you did. You did not vote to lynch Sneaky, even I did. End of story. Busy with other problems? Like lynching a confirmed tracker?

Alex
    (VIP) Reverie World Studios
    (id: pEpsIdUDe_123)
    posted 21 September 2014 12:55 PM EDT (US)     314 / 401       
    My thoughts pretty much echo Ash's.

I'm getting less convinced about scragins and Baske, though. scragins for not being able to deliver on his claim, and Baske for continuing to call me out when sneaky wouldn't have been lynched if it weren't for me. But scragins did know Yeeb's action and there's no good reason for not revealing his observations even if he's a scum tracker.

As much as I like my fellow Seattite, I'm most suspicious of Mozzy. He was quick to call the town stupid for lynching Excel when it was "pretty obvious he was telling the truth," yet did little to stop the lynch. I also don't like his insistence on Baske not being scum as that could open up a very dangerous alliance.

ninjapenguin981
    Mortal
    (id: ninjapenguin)
    posted 21 September 2014 01:10 PM EDT (US)     315 / 401       
    Sorry for not posting, I was away from internet for the weekend and forgot to inform people.

I'm still convinced that Mozzy is the most likely scum amongst the remaining players due to his seeming disregard for points that have been discussed.

@Baske, why are you so sure that Ashrzr and scragins are not scum? (Also I believe it was me who pointed a finger at Mozzy if you're asking for constructive things I have done)

ninjapenguin981
    I AM THE ALMIGHTY ETERNAL LOSER SISSY BOY
    Cheddar Chap
    Mortal
    posted 21 September 2014 11:02 PM EDT (US)     316 / 401       
    Penguin, you didn't point a finger at me with any evidence behind that finger.

I'm a VT. What were you expecting?

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    Weed Basket
    posted 22 September 2014 01:43 AM EDT (US)     317 / 401       
    Unvote
    I'm getting less convinced about scragins and Baske, though. scragins for not being able to deliver on his claim, and Baske for continuing to call me out when sneaky wouldn't have been lynched if it weren't for me. But scragins did know Yeeb's action and there's no good reason for not revealing his observations even if he's a scum tracker.
    Just wanted to let you know I'm not really calling you out, but neither are you 100% confirmed. Of course, nobody is, but IMO less than i.e. scragins. I do believe you to be town, but I just have nothing to back it up fully, which as a result causes me to be a bit cautious in my statement.

Which brings me to ninja's question:
    @Baske, why are you so sure that Ashrzr and scragins are not scum?
  • scragins for being a tracker. I believe he's the tracker, I believe he's not lying, I believe he's town. If he isn't town I will genuinely feel stupid.
  • Ash for sticking to sneaky the way he did:

I believe this to be a genuine mistake, as no mafia would back up his mates by literally stating [Post #269] "I'm extremely confident he's not scum, but he's dead, anyway.",

And for hunting me down with all the arguments he could muster, being relentless and not misquoting or otherwise not responding to any criticism (selective quoting).

Above arguments mention Alex, scragins and Ash. I'm going back to my original vote, against who I currently believe to be the most dangerous player. He's been playing it very well, however taking into account my argumentation above, he's simply left out of the boat of my [semi]-confirmed town-members, and since I believe there's 2 mafia players left:

Vote: CheddarChap

• Cheddar Chap
    Mortal
    posted 22 September 2014 02:24 AM EDT (US)     318 / 401       
    Baske, you're going to feel like an idiot when you lynched a player who personally defended you from Ash, who is likely scum. I have not been wrong in this game yet and nobody can point out a single scummy thing I've done.

Please don't lynch ANOTHER Townie. I honestly can't even think of a defense against myself because there aren't even any attacks against me. "He's played it very cool so far." Seriously? "He's not been erratic and hasn't been a fool so he's probably scum." Awesome, Baske.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    Cheddar Chap
    Mortal
    posted 22 September 2014 02:27 AM EDT (US)     319 / 401       
    He was quick to call the town stupid for lynching Excel when it was "pretty obvious he was telling the truth," yet did little to stop the lynch.
    Uh, I made multiple posts detailing why it made sense he was telling the truth and I explained it from both our perspective and his own. Are you guys playing the same game I'm playing?

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    Weed Basket
    posted 22 September 2014 02:34 AM EDT (US)     320 / 401       
    If I didn't know any better, I'd almost say you're taking this game way too personal Cheddar. I'm leaving my vote where it is, as I believe it's the most sensible thing to do.

Cheddar Chap
    Mortal
    posted 22 September 2014 02:55 AM EDT (US)     321 / 401       
    Two votes until I'm lynched.

Nobody has made any argument against me where they can point out anything scummy I've done. "He's played too well." "He didn't defend a Townie who was lynched well enough even though he was the only one defending him at all."

Go scum!

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 22 September 2014 05:49 AM EDT (US)     322 / 401       
    I'm a VT. What were you expecting?
    A VT but incase you were scum I wanted to make sure you didn't fake claim as a cop after I had made the point I am going to make also if you really were a cop the whole point would be made redundant.

The town has 2 power roles a role blocker and a tracker. I'm not sure on this point yet but when I tracked a town player it worked when I tracked a player who would show up as scum (Baske) I failed (I have checked this does not happen if a target someone who performs no action) now when I try to target Ash I have also failed, however it is possible that I was blocked both nights but as we have no cop and one of the scum members is only a goon (no action if they do not do the kill) and another a god father who also has no special action that we know of. It seems that a tracker is somewhat under powered at catching scum and also with only 1 town power role not good at confirming town members either. So it might be a possibility that my action fails whenever I target scum or someone that would show up guilty to the cop.

That is all purely speculation but it is impossible for night actions to catch some members of the mafia.
    Alex
    posted 22 September 2014 01:18 PM EDT (US)     323 / 401       
    Uh, I made multiple posts detailing why it made sense he was telling the truth and I explained it from both our perspective and his own. Are you guys playing the same game I'm playing?
    What exactly was your argument? You were fairly adamant on his lynch and only unvoted after he claimed as a townie and you gave him the benefit of the doubt, reproduced below.

If you were as confident as you claimed to be after the lynch, you certainly didn't make much of a stand for Excel. I think you knew Excel was a bit of a liability, or at least harmless, and instead turned your attention to someone who could do a lot more harm to the mafia - scragins.
    Do we believe Excelsior? If he claimed cop, we could wait for a counterclaim or ask for information he may have gained from last night. If he claimed doctor, we could have asked who he targeted, if he had any restrictions. If he claimed role-blocker, we could have asked about last night's actions. But since he has claimed Vanilla Townie we have one question: do we believe him? There's no counterclaim to be done; no inspection of his actions last night; no inquiries into the details of his role. We either believe him and leave him be for now or don't believe him and lynch him tonight.

He either sticks to his story and it's up in the air or he changes his story and is lynched immediately for lying.

unvote

I'm trying for no mislynches. I'm willing to believe Excel for now.

Cheddar Chap
    Mortal
    posted 22 September 2014 01:59 PM EDT (US)     324 / 401       
    You're missing the part where, during my prosecution of him, I was also playing the devil's advocate myself and explaining why some of my arguments against him were weak.

My argument was: Excel has been the dumbest player so far and I want to make him realize why he's being unreasonable so here's a few points against him; keep in mind, though, it's still early and if this were a later point in the game all of my arguments would be considered really weak and hold basically no water; however, considering the earliness of the game, Excel needs to address these points because he's the only one acting strange.

And keep in mind, you're trying to lynch me for being right about Excel being a Townie but not doing enough to convince you he was. It feels like you're not willing to take the responsibility of Excel's mislynch and are instead placing the blame on one of the only people who didn't lynch him.

Mozzy didn't do enough to stop us from being dumb so we should lynch him.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    Alex
    posted 22 September 2014 02:52 PM EDT (US)     325 / 401       
    I'm not blaming you for not stopping the lynch. Excel was a weird case where nothing added up. I just find it suspicious that you tried to distance yourself from a lynch you were part of regardless of your ultimate vote.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 11 12 13 14 15 ··· 16  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames