You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.401 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » Coral Reef Mafia: Endgame
Bottom
Topic Subject:Coral Reef Mafia: Endgame
« Previous Page  1 ··· 12 13 14 15 16  Next Page »
Blatant
DoFH Seraph & Director of Seraphs
(id: blatant7)
posted 29 July 2014 03:27 PM EDT (US)         

Life was good in the coral reef. Countless species of colorful fish lived out their lives, found mates, and raised families of their own. Everything was as it should be. Then, one day, a dark figure swam overhead, blocking out the sun and shrouding everything in darkness. There was a new danger in the reef, and it threatened to end the fishes peaceful way of life forever.

Rules:

• This game is closed communication unless specified in your role email.
  • Don't directly quote your role email.
  • Don't edit any of your posts in the game thread.
  • Don't post after the day has ended.
  • Please vote and unvote correctly.
  • An inactive fish is a dead fish. Don't be an inactive fish.
  • Don't post after you're dead.
  • Normal mafia game mechanics apply.
  • Night will not last longer than 48 hours.
  • Just keep swimming.

Still swimming:

1.Ashrzr
    2.Baske
    3.scragins

Belly up:
    1.Out Reach - Sunset Wrasse - VT
    2.Excelsior - Moorish Idol - VT
    3.Herr - Potter's Angelfish - VT
    4.WRP - Grey Reef Shark - Mafia Goon
    5.sneaky squirrel - Great White Shark - Mafia Godfather
    6.Yeeb - Blue-Spotted Stingray - Roleblocker
    7.Cheddar Chap - Saddleback Butterflyfish - VT
    7.Alex - Golden Damselfish - VT
    8.ninjapenguin - Striped Surgeonfish - Doctor

Replacements:
    1.Lewonas

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
    But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson

[This message has been edited by Blatant (edited 11-11-2014 @ 07:51 PM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    Cheddar Chap
    Mortal
    (id: The Cheese Man)
    posted 22 September 2014 03:01 PM EDT (US)     326 / 401       
    I distanced myself by defending him while he still had a chance at not being lynched. It's not like I said he's probably a Townie and then proceeded to lynch him like another player did.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
    Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
    Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 23 September 2014 05:28 AM EDT (US)     327 / 401       
    It's not like I said he's probably a Townie and then proceeded to lynch him like another player did.
    I think that is referring to me as it was earlier but as I have told you it is not what I did.
    Cheddar Chap
    Mortal
    posted 23 September 2014 10:47 PM EDT (US)     328 / 401       
    I was referring to Sneaky and you.
    for the sake of progress it is probably best to lynch you. Vote: Excelsior
    For you

and Sneaky's random vote-flipping. To be very honest, I think I mixed you and Sneaky up a couple of Times yesterday (game-time) when I was hammering on you. I was mostly thinking of Sneaky. Either way, I still mentioned Sneaky when I was talking about why I feel he was suspicious (he hammered Excel).

Anyway, I honestly can't think of anything to add. Do what you will. Ash is scum.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
    Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
    Weed Basket
    Carrier-pigeon of bad news
    (id: Baske)
    posted 24 September 2014 00:33 AM EDT (US)     329 / 401       
    What obvious clues am I missing? Seems that both scragins and Mozzy are pointing big fingers. Could somebody please summarize it?

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”
    ninjapenguin981
    Mortal
    (id: ninjapenguin)
    posted 24 September 2014 08:39 AM EDT (US)     330 / 401       
    I'm not sure what Mozzy is basing the 'Ash is scum' finger on, although my gut is somewhat inclined to agree.

I've no idea what scragins is saying?

ninjapenguin981
    I AM THE ALMIGHTY ETERNAL LOSER SISSY BOY
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 24 September 2014 10:12 AM EDT (US)     331 / 401       
    I think Ash is scum because;
    1. He has been very persistent with the idea that I could have been a tracker SK. Then again he was somewhat persistent with the idea that Baske is a SK, both times more so than the other players.
    2. He has suggested who the cop (which we don't have should target) and when he did this he suggested town players. This would have wasted the cops time helping scum by not letting them get caught.
    3.Early on in the game he assumed there were multiple power roles and wanted me reveal who had targeted Herr on night 0. This was not what I believed and he had no supporting evidence, he then ignored my question when I asked him why he believed there were numerous power roles, he has now answered. Making assumptions based on flawed reasoning is common scum play as it allows false assumptions to be made and this also revealed who the town only 2 power roles were.
    4.Numerous times Ash has used 'reasoning' along the lines of "because I'm usually right". Again this is use of poor reasoning which is common scum behavior.
    5. He uses little reasoning to attempt to verify players instead he only chooses to attack players, keeping potential lynch targets available.
    Alex
    (VIP) Reverie World Studios
    (id: pEpsIdUDe_123)
    posted 24 September 2014 01:28 PM EDT (US)     332 / 401       
    At this point, I'd vote Mozzy. But I'd also be open to going with the safe bet and lynching Baske and giving scragins another chance to track either Ash or Mozzy.

I do think Baske is leaning toward the town so I'd like to see him win. But, if we end up with a mislynch and the mafia make another kill tonight, he'll lose any incentive to stay with the town.

Ashrzr
    Battle of the Forums EEH winning team
    (id: normandy887)
    posted 24 September 2014 04:55 PM EDT (US)     333 / 401       
    In response to scragins:

1) Alex was persistent about Sneaky sharing a name claim with another player, Mozzy was persistent about you voting for Excel, et cetera. Persistence in itself isn't scummy.

2) I only remember mentioning investigations twice: that investigating Baske is a waste of time because Survivors show up guilty, and that the cop could investigate sneaky (post #244), who wound up being scum. Both of those were obvious and mentioned by me in passing. I don't think that's very scummy.

3) Again, assuming multiple power roles isn't flawed reasoning, because most games have multiple power roles. You've been extremely persistent about this triviality, yet attack me for being persistent, which is absurd.

4) It's not like "I'm usually right" is all I've ever said. I think I only said that once or twice.

5) So you're saying that I haven't made any comments about verifying players, as a VT, yet lambast me for suggesting cop investigations? That's absurd.

"Cue gang-rape music!" - Rotaretilbo
    "What the f*** is gang-rape music?" - Cheddar Chap
    Cheddar Chap
    Mortal
    posted 26 September 2014 11:35 PM EDT (US)     334 / 401       
    *inhales*

I love the smell of progress in the morning.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    ninjapenguin981
    Mortal
    posted 27 September 2014 06:04 AM EDT (US)     335 / 401       
    We've been talking about investigating, but the only role that has been discussed that has any investigative powers is the tracker.

scragins have you discussed who you tracked last night?

ninjapenguin981
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 27 September 2014 07:34 AM EDT (US)     336 / 401       
    I targeted Ash but failed again.
    ninjapenguin981
    Mortal
    posted 28 September 2014 05:57 AM EDT (US)     337 / 401       
    Do you know if there is a difference between failing because of a roleblock or failing due to him not having a power?

ninjapenguin981
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 28 September 2014 08:05 PM EDT (US)     338 / 401       
    I do not know what caused me to fail. However I do know that if they have or use no action on the night I will be informed of that, so that is not the cause of me failing.
    Alex
    (VIP) Reverie World Studios
    (id: pEpsIdUDe_123)
    posted 29 September 2014 11:17 AM EDT (US)     339 / 401       
    Vote: Baske

To move things along. I think it's the safest bet to break down the numbers and have scragins attempt to track Mozzy or Ash tonight.

Ashrzr
    Battle of the Forums EEH winning team
    (id: normandy887)
    posted 29 September 2014 03:33 PM EDT (US)     340 / 401       
    scragins will probably be killed or his action will probably fail again tonight. I don't think that's a good idea.

"Cue gang-rape music!" - Rotaretilbo
    "What the f*** is gang-rape music?" - Cheddar Chap
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 29 September 2014 08:35 PM EDT (US)     341 / 401       
    The extra kill clears Baske in my eyes so I thought he was an honest survivor. The more he went on about there being 2 mafia still alive does to me suggest he must be mafia though as 2 mafia + survivor would result in 50% being scum and would have done so with the past few days if you factor in scum players who have died they have had 50% for the past 2 days or so and if that is the case I would have expected them to push more for a mislynch and get the game over. In other words for there to be 2 mafia members it is most likely Baske is one of them and not intact a survivor.
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 29 September 2014 08:37 PM EDT (US)     342 / 401       
    I would in particular like to know what Baske and Ninja thought about the points I raised against Ash as they did ask for a summary on them and so for have not commented on it.
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 29 September 2014 08:38 PM EDT (US)     343 / 401       
    Sorry about the third post but Mozzy was also asked to summarize his points and has not done so yet, I would like to know if they are the same as mine or not.
    Cheddar Chap
    Mortal
    posted 29 September 2014 09:35 PM EDT (US)     344 / 401       
    From my point of view, here's my point: I know I'm not scum and I also know I haven't written any posts or made any action to indicate that I am scum. I have played perfectly Town-friendly, have been active, and have dissuaded players from lynching Town players. I have also been right about players who turn up Scum. Therefore, in my eyes, any player who points to me as a suspect is pretty scummy. That's why I don't trust Ashrzr. Not simply because he pointed a finger at me, but because I know I haven't done anything to deserve it.

I'm a vanilla Townie so I don't have any investigation results against anybody; I don't have clues from protections or role-blocks. I only have the posts of the other players and right now I don't trust Ash.

Again, I have not done a single suspicious thing, my activity level has been high, and I have even demonstrated pro-Town leanings in that I have never lynched a Townie and have defended proven Townies. So, in my eyes, anybody who says I'm scum is probably themselves scum.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    Weed Basket
    posted 29 September 2014 11:47 PM EDT (US)     345 / 401       
    I'll make a post later today, I was out for a long weekend.

Weed Basket
    posted 30 September 2014 04:42 AM EDT (US)     346 / 401       
    Fyi; Lynching me will cause a scum majority the next day.

Day End: 2 -3 town (a survivor just got lynched)
    Night: kill 1 town
    Next Day: 2-2, mafia wins.

At this stage in the game, I'm not, and have never been, a viable lynch target.

@scragins; as for your comments to Ash - and his arguments against yours; I'm still not fully convinced. Personally, I'd either keep my vote on Mozzy, or go for the other likely candidate: ninjapenguin.

scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 30 September 2014 06:03 AM EDT (US)     347 / 401       
    Fyi; Lynching me will cause a scum majority the next day.

Day End: 2 -3 town (a survivor just got lynched)
    Night: kill 1 town
    Next Day: 2-2, mafia wins.

At this stage in the game, I'm not, and have never been, a viable lynch target.
    This may be a confusion about what a survivor is so could you please clarify your victory conditions. With my understanding you contribute to the number of mafia alive in the game meaning that;

With 1 mafia member alive
    town-scum
    4-2
    4-1
    3-1

With 2 mafia members alive
    town-scum
    3-3
    3-2
    2-2

In this situation there is no need to keep you alive wether or not we believe your claim or not.
    Weed Basket
    posted 30 September 2014 06:11 AM EDT (US)     348 / 401       
    I win with either. Because of this, I do not believe I add to the scum numbers, and I'm in fact a neutral party, siding with whatever team is in majority.

If I'd add to scum numbers, and my role would be more inclined to scum, I assume I'd be made aware of this in my role description?

scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 30 September 2014 06:38 AM EDT (US)     349 / 401       
    What I believe normally happens is that a survivor adds to the number of members a mafia faction has.

Blatant could you please clarify how a survivor affects the winning conditions of the game.
    ninjapenguin981
    Mortal
    posted 01 October 2014 04:37 AM EDT (US)     350 / 401       
    I think lynching Baske is almost akin to just going for a no lynch. We know he's not mafia, and while it would guarantee us not lynching a townie, if he adds to the faction, then it is almost as bad.

As for Mozzy, I don't know why, but I'm just getting scum vibes all over from him.

@Baske why do you think there are two mafia members out there? I would've thought that with the number of VTs we have and the fact we have a survivor, having a 4 member mafia would be quite strong.

@scragins I think your points against Ash are pretty strong. I'm unsure about him at this point though.

ninjapenguin981
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 12 13 14 15 16  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames