You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.401 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » Coral Reef Mafia: Endgame
Bottom
Topic Subject:Coral Reef Mafia: Endgame
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 ··· 10 ··· 16  Next Page »
Blatant
DoFH Seraph & Director of Seraphs
(id: blatant7)
posted 29 July 2014 03:27 PM EDT (US)         

Life was good in the coral reef. Countless species of colorful fish lived out their lives, found mates, and raised families of their own. Everything was as it should be. Then, one day, a dark figure swam overhead, blocking out the sun and shrouding everything in darkness. There was a new danger in the reef, and it threatened to end the fishes peaceful way of life forever.

Rules:

• This game is closed communication unless specified in your role email.
  • Don't directly quote your role email.
  • Don't edit any of your posts in the game thread.
  • Don't post after the day has ended.
  • Please vote and unvote correctly.
  • An inactive fish is a dead fish. Don't be an inactive fish.
  • Don't post after you're dead.
  • Normal mafia game mechanics apply.
  • Night will not last longer than 48 hours.
  • Just keep swimming.

Still swimming:

1.Ashrzr
    2.Baske
    3.scragins

Belly up:
    1.Out Reach - Sunset Wrasse - VT
    2.Excelsior - Moorish Idol - VT
    3.Herr - Potter's Angelfish - VT
    4.WRP - Grey Reef Shark - Mafia Goon
    5.sneaky squirrel - Great White Shark - Mafia Godfather
    6.Yeeb - Blue-Spotted Stingray - Roleblocker
    7.Cheddar Chap - Saddleback Butterflyfish - VT
    7.Alex - Golden Damselfish - VT
    8.ninjapenguin - Striped Surgeonfish - Doctor

Replacements:
    1.Lewonas

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
    But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson

[This message has been edited by Blatant (edited 11-11-2014 @ 07:51 PM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    ninjapenguin981
    Mortal
    (id: ninjapenguin)
    posted 04 August 2014 01:58 PM EDT (US)     26 / 401       
    Sorry for not posting guys, I'm moving house and as such have sporadic internet access and haven't had time to have a full read through yet.

From the brief stuff I've managed to read I can say I am also not mythological.

ninjapenguin981
    I AM THE ALMIGHTY ETERNAL LOSER SISSY BOY
    Weed Basket
    Carrier-pigeon of bad news
    (id: Baske)
    posted 04 August 2014 03:33 PM EDT (US)     27 / 401       
    Just reading through the posts again, especially WRP's and Excelsior's, plus being able to add that my role is nothing close to mythical either, there's two things:

1) I do not think Excelsior is lying, but he's heavily paraphrasing and with God of the Sea (having seen past and will see future, or whatever) he's referring to a creature that has been there since before the rest.

The heavy paraphrasing is perhaps a part of the role. Town? I don't know. Mafia? Not sure either.. Perhaps even something else.

I just find it odd that he'd make such a rediculous claim so early.

2) WRP is scum. That is my premature conclusion. But... Benefit of the doubt, and let's continue questioning? I'm certainly curious for his name claim, and any further explanations he can give.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”
    Ashrzr
    Battle of the Forums EEH winning team
    (id: normandy887)
    posted 04 August 2014 07:25 PM EDT (US)     28 / 401       
    The idea of paraphrasing a pagan statue into a god of the sea seemed appropriate.
    This is what confuses me. Are you saying you are a pagan statue or am I missing something? If so, that does not fit in with the theme at all.

I wouldn't mind hearing a name claim from WRP, either.

"Cue gang-rape music!" - Rotaretilbo
    "What the f*** is gang-rape music?" - Cheddar Chap
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 04 August 2014 08:36 PM EDT (US)     29 / 401       
    With only one kill the mafia probably has a few power roles so to get an idea of what they were, was anyone blocked last night or aware of any suspicious action on them.
    WRP
    Mortal
    (id: WRP_BEATER)
    posted 04 August 2014 09:26 PM EDT (US)     30 / 401       
    I urge you to find such contradictions in my post. Simple name claiming will get us nowhere as I said. What is to be done with a name? Excelsior's is not a name claim: he did NOT claim his name, his is more of a flavour claim. As I said, my case is not strong but more than random on the basis of what I've already posted. I am not attacking his name, but his flavour.
    2) WRP is scum.
    I love you too
    You seem to be imposing an ability on me, I never claimed anything as such.
    I think I may have a way to distinguish between real and fake names.
    I do believe such a way would not be related to your own reef fishing skills, especially as a Brit.

By the way, if you do want a name claim, I'm a Blue Parrotfish.

AoMH retired Scenario designer
    Skarr: "I wish WRP_Beater would stop abusing the poor BBCode."
    lostrozzacavalli: "Mezzo e un minuto." | "I'm joking ragazzo."
    Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 04 August 2014 11:27 PM EDT (US)     31 / 401       
    Excelsior's is not a name claim: he did NOT claim his name
    Well then what do you mean by this?
    I am the God of the Sea.
    A God seems like something that could be big and scary,
    God of the Sea does seem like a name which has now been changed to pagan statue. This name you certainly did recognize as a name.
    Being pagan to me suggests European however Reach and WRP have both claimed fish that are from the America's while you can find my species across the world.
    Yeebaagooon
    EXCO Emeritus
    posted 05 August 2014 04:49 AM EDT (US)     32 / 401       
    I'm inclined to keep WRPs previous post in mind but leave him alone for now.
    More name claims please.

Blatant, can you confirm/deny if scum are given fake claims?

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "I saw the picture and became immediately worried about Yeeb seducing and buying out Zen" - Shanks13
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto 5.0|Multiplayer: Minigames X 4.7|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
    Excelsior
    Mortal
    posted 05 August 2014 08:50 AM EDT (US)     33 / 401       
    @Scragins: I am a “Moorish Idol.” And, since the Moors haven’t been in a prominence for centuries, I am assuming that I am some shipwrecked treasure from ages past. (As I don’t recall idols being put in coral reefs intentionally.…) I didn't want to change my name around as I did, but since that was the only flavor I really had, besides the “this is your role, you win with town, blah blah,” I was rather chary of quoting it until I could recall the rules properly.

@WRP: I’m an inanimate object several hundred years old (By my best interpretation of my flavor). I don’t believe I’d be the one floating around terrorizing fish anytime lately.
    sneaky_squirrel
    Mortal
    posted 05 August 2014 10:22 AM EDT (US)     34 / 401       
    @Excelsior
    I took a picture of you just now. It seems you may be ongoing an identity crisis (Just kidding).

Since Yeebaagooon said please, I'll name claim. I am a powder-black surgeon.

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
    Yeebaagooon
    EXCO Emeritus
    posted 05 August 2014 10:26 AM EDT (US)     35 / 401       
    Moorish idol
    That's a fish, not a god.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    "I saw the picture and became immediately worried about Yeeb seducing and buying out Zen" - Shanks13
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto 5.0|Multiplayer: Minigames X 4.7|CSC 7
    Excelsior
    Mortal
    posted 05 August 2014 10:37 AM EDT (US)     36 / 401       
    .....You're joking?!?! Right? Please tell me your joking?
    Excelsior
    Mortal
    posted 05 August 2014 11:35 AM EDT (US)     37 / 401       
    You know what makes it worse? I just now recalled seeing that fish in Nemo and that I had looked it up way back then to see what kind it was....
    WRP
    Mortal
    (id: WRP_BEATER)
    posted 05 August 2014 12:10 PM EDT (US)     38 / 401       
    lol wut

AoMH retired Scenario designer
    Skarr: "I wish WRP_Beater would stop abusing the poor BBCode."
    lostrozzacavalli: "Mezzo e un minuto." | "I'm joking ragazzo."
    Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
    Ashrzr
    Battle of the Forums EEH winning team
    (id: normandy887)
    posted 05 August 2014 01:44 PM EDT (US)     39 / 401       
    Excelsior, in my opinion, you should just full claim at this point. Name claims aren't going to get us very far on Day 1.

"Cue gang-rape music!" - Rotaretilbo
    "What the f*** is gang-rape music?" - Cheddar Chap
    Excelsior
    Mortal
    posted 05 August 2014 03:33 PM EDT (US)     40 / 401       
    Excelsior, in my opinion, you should just full claim at this point.
    That….is suspicious. Why did you target me with the idea that I should full-claim, just because I mistook my identity? It’s at the very least obvious that, even if I am the fish who would be god, I at least did my best to act upon what I understood, even in a way that drew undue attention upon myself.

I really think at this point you’re just digging for my role, and I have no intentions of capitulating. In all reality, I’m now kinda interested in your full claim, Ash.
    Excelsior
    Mortal
    posted 05 August 2014 03:41 PM EDT (US)     41 / 401       
    On second thought, it might be advisable for you to simply name-claim at this point. Leave the full for later.
    Yeebaagooon
    EXCO Emeritus
    posted 05 August 2014 05:10 PM EDT (US)     42 / 401       
    That is just awful play on your part, Excelsior. Given that whole god revenge speech you 'paraphrased' you must be some sort of bomb type role if you are telling the truth. Either way, massive mistake. I agree with Ash, a full claim is in order.

Now it seems a lot of people do not see anything can be gained from name claiming. I, however, do.
    Why? Well I can't say otherwise that would give things away but there is a small chance I may be able to catch scum from name claims alone (provided Blatant answers my previous question with a no). If everyone reveals their name, I cannot foresee any damage to the town - so more names please!

Ty Sneaky <3

Alex
    (VIP) Reverie World Studios
    (id: pEpsIdUDe_123)
    posted 05 August 2014 06:15 PM EDT (US)     43 / 401       
    For what it's worth, I'm a Golden Damselfish.

And I would like a full claim from Excelsior as well - or at least to know if the "I have seen the past, and I will see the future" bit is indeed accurate to the role. Going from a Moorish Idol to the God of the Sea to a pagan idol is quite the journey (btw, Moors are Muslim, not pagan). However, I can't fathom any other reason you'd make that claim.

Blatant
    DoFH Seraph & Director of Seraphs
    (id: blatant7)
    posted 06 August 2014 01:48 AM EDT (US)     44 / 401       
    Blatant, can you confirm/deny if scum are given fake claims?
    I won't comment on this, except to say that scum were given more information on flavor.

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
    But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 06 August 2014 02:42 AM EDT (US)     45 / 401       
    Yeeb, does Alex's claim seem suspicious too you? If it does I think I know what you are doing.

It probably helps if I claim sooner rather than later given I am not a fish. I am a bottle nose dolphin.
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 06 August 2014 02:51 AM EDT (US)     46 / 401       
    To do with Excelsior, you have managed to completely lose your claim somehow. I am confused about the flavor you were given that somehow made you believe you were a god, since Blatant said scum received more flavor information that does make me a little more suspicious of you but I find it difficult to believe scum would come up with such a bizarre idea. I think your actions do warrant a full claim though.
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 06 August 2014 02:57 AM EDT (US)     47 / 401       
    Maybe forget about this.
    Yeeb, does Alex's claim seem suspicious too you? If it does I think I know what you are doing.
    I just found sneaky's claim and it would also show up scum if what I am thinking is correct.
    Weed Basket
    Carrier-pigeon of bad news
    (id: Baske)
    posted 06 August 2014 03:03 AM EDT (US)     48 / 401       
    All them small fishes around, I'm a Whale Shark.

Blatant's new information puts Excelsior in a completely different light IMO. Given the fact he has provided so much flavor in his first claim...

Perhaps I'm simple-minded, but I still see absolutely no connection in his first claim, and his second claim.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”
    Yeebaagooon
    EXCO Emeritus
    posted 06 August 2014 04:40 AM EDT (US)     49 / 401       
    I won't comment on this, except to say that scum were given more information on flavor.
    Think this may work against me.
    So far I'm not inclined to think any name is a scum name. Would like to hear your thoughts when we have a full name claim list though.

I'm a blue spotted stingray.

scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 06 August 2014 05:14 AM EDT (US)     50 / 401       
    So far I'm not inclined to think any name is a scum name. Would like to hear your thoughts when we have a full name claim list though.
    With your claim that are now 3 (at least) which do not follow my idea. I was thinking about where the fish are found The first few all seemed to native to equatorial America but some of the later ones seemed to not be and instead tended more towards northern Australia, which according to wikipedia is not where the Sunset Wrasse is found.

Stingrays can easily block out the sun and shroud a reef in darkness so that makes me a little suspicious of you seems like you may be a possible role blocker. Is anyone aware they were Roleblocked last night?
    « Previous Page  1 2 3 4 ··· 10 ··· 16  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames