You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.401 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » Coral Reef Mafia: Endgame
Bottom
Topic Subject:Coral Reef Mafia: Endgame
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 ··· 10 ··· 16  Next Page »
Blatant
DoFH Seraph & Director of Seraphs
(id: blatant7)
posted 29 July 2014 03:27 PM EDT (US)         

Life was good in the coral reef. Countless species of colorful fish lived out their lives, found mates, and raised families of their own. Everything was as it should be. Then, one day, a dark figure swam overhead, blocking out the sun and shrouding everything in darkness. There was a new danger in the reef, and it threatened to end the fishes peaceful way of life forever.

Rules:

• This game is closed communication unless specified in your role email.
  • Don't directly quote your role email.
  • Don't edit any of your posts in the game thread.
  • Don't post after the day has ended.
  • Please vote and unvote correctly.
  • An inactive fish is a dead fish. Don't be an inactive fish.
  • Don't post after you're dead.
  • Normal mafia game mechanics apply.
  • Night will not last longer than 48 hours.
  • Just keep swimming.

Still swimming:

1.Ashrzr
    2.Baske
    3.scragins

Belly up:
    1.Out Reach - Sunset Wrasse - VT
    2.Excelsior - Moorish Idol - VT
    3.Herr - Potter's Angelfish - VT
    4.WRP - Grey Reef Shark - Mafia Goon
    5.sneaky squirrel - Great White Shark - Mafia Godfather
    6.Yeeb - Blue-Spotted Stingray - Roleblocker
    7.Cheddar Chap - Saddleback Butterflyfish - VT
    7.Alex - Golden Damselfish - VT
    8.ninjapenguin - Striped Surgeonfish - Doctor

Replacements:
    1.Lewonas

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
    But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson

[This message has been edited by Blatant (edited 11-11-2014 @ 07:51 PM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    Excelsior
    Mortal
    posted 06 August 2014 07:50 AM EDT (US)     51 / 401       
    @Accusers: I sincerely made a mistake when I thought I was an actual idol. I apologize. However, that really does seem to be the only basis of your questions, as your logic fails to include the fact that if I had known that I was actually a fish, I would have paraphrased my claim differently.

My second mistake was feeling guilty that I would be gone over the weekend, and I thought the forum would be more active. Thus I felt guilty for my absence.

BUT, in most other mafia games I play, I usually glean usual info by claiming early and bumbling on it, as you learn who are your friends and who is willing to jump on a mistake, regardless of whether its scummy or not. If I take long enough about it, I can sometimes help guide the lynch to a straight-up mafia on Day 1. So, no, Yeeb, I donít feel it was OMGUS, although on second thought I did retract my request for Ash, as I think I have a feel for why he wanted my claim.
    Excelsior
    Mortal
    posted 06 August 2014 07:59 AM EDT (US)     52 / 401       
    @Scragins: Another point about the names is that powder-black sturgeon, blue parrotfish, blue spotted stingray, and golden damselfish all have colors in their names, while the rest of us do not. But, if you add in your research about the native oceans, I might be wrong regarding WRP.

In any case, I donít think we need to rely on Yeebís opinion of Alex, as your own conclusion puts those two in the outs (If I understood you correctly).
    Excelsior
    Mortal
    posted 06 August 2014 08:09 AM EDT (US)     53 / 401       
    @Scragins: I wasnít given any flavor that made me believe I was anything. All I got was the Moorish Idol part, and my role and faction sentence, and that was it.
    If I actually had flavor, I would not have launched off into the now embarrassing mistake of calling myself a god when I was a fish.
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 06 August 2014 08:45 AM EDT (US)     54 / 401       
    But, if you add in your research about the native oceans, I might be wrong regarding WRP.
    That found itself a dead end unless we have already had three scum claim which I highly doubt.

We are also to still hear at all from Mozzy and Herr.
    Alex
    (VIP) Reverie World Studios
    (id: pEpsIdUDe_123)
    posted 06 August 2014 09:23 AM EDT (US)     55 / 401       
    With your claim that are now 3 (at least) which do not follow my idea. I was thinking about where the fish are found The first few all seemed to native to equatorial America but some of the later ones seemed to not be and instead tended more towards northern Australia, which according to wikipedia is not where the Sunset Wrasse is found.
    I was trying to do this same research but just it seems like everyone can be found in the Indo-Pacific.

Alex
    posted 06 August 2014 09:24 AM EDT (US)     56 / 401       
    Blatant, can you prod Mozzy and Herr?

Cheddar Chap
    Mortal
    (id: The Cheese Man)
    posted 06 August 2014 01:10 PM EDT (US)     57 / 401       
    Sorry, while I was waiting for Night to end I completely forgot about this game. It seems we're all name claiming so I'll join. I'm a Saddleback Butterflyfish.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
    Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
    Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
    Alex
    posted 08 August 2014 11:15 AM EDT (US)     58 / 401       
    Vote: Herr

Nothing personal, just to get the game moving.

Blatant
    posted 08 August 2014 10:42 PM EDT (US)     59 / 401       
    Herr has been prodded.

Herr Heir
    Mortal
    (id: Heir of Elessar)
    posted 08 August 2014 11:21 PM EDT (US)     60 / 401       
    WTH I didn't even know the game had started, I thought I'd get an email when it did.

I'm going to read over the next couple of hours and post.

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
    Cheddar Chap
    Mortal
    posted 09 August 2014 01:19 AM EDT (US)     61 / 401       
    59 super short replies require hours of reading.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
    Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
    Cheddar Chap
    Mortal
    posted 09 August 2014 01:30 AM EDT (US)     62 / 401       
    Hate to meta, but upon further examination of Excelsior's blundering name claim I don't find him suspect. He confused his name and made assumptions based on his confusion. He never once claimed that he knew he was an idol; only that based on his name he was probably not a fish.

If he had essentially the same amount of flavor as I did, he'd have nothing to go on but his name. He did not make up a backstory so I think we can lay off him.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    Blatant
    posted 09 August 2014 03:00 AM EDT (US)     63 / 401       
    WTH I didn't even know the game had started, I thought I'd get an email when it did.
    all good m8

Yeebaagooon
    EXCO Emeritus
    posted 09 August 2014 05:59 AM EDT (US)     64 / 401       
    He did not make up a backstory so I think we can lay off him.
    I can understand that, just not feeling at ease with it.

Still waiting on name clams from:
    Ashrzr
    ninjapenguin
    Herr

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "I saw the picture and became immediately worried about Yeeb seducing and buying out Zen" - Shanks13
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto 5.0|Multiplayer: Minigames X 4.7|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 09 August 2014 06:35 AM EDT (US)     65 / 401       
    Yeeb do you have a list of all claims so far?
    Herr Heir
    Mortal
    posted 09 August 2014 09:23 AM EDT (US)     66 / 401       
    Ok, typing as I read, there might be some repetitions and/or contradictions.
    I am the God of the Sea. I have seen the past, and I will see the future. Serve me well, my beloved fishes, and you will be blessed. Turn against me, and you will, unfortunately, regret it.
    This really doesn't seem like a benign role to me, something that we would definitely want to look more into. It seems mafia godfather-like, to be honest.
    Sorry, just moved to the US
    Nice! Where exactly in the U.S.?

Apparently we're all nameclaiming, so I'm Potter's Angelfish.

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

Herr Heir
    Mortal
    posted 09 August 2014 09:25 AM EDT (US)     67 / 401       
    59 super short replies require hours of reading.
    Sorry, forgot to submit my reply because I wanted to go back and look at something else before doing so and fell asleep. Now I can't remember what it was , but yes there was surprisingly little of actual reading required there.

Herr Heir
    Mortal
    posted 09 August 2014 09:32 AM EDT (US)     68 / 401       
    Ok, just remembered, I wanted to look into the diet distinctions between all the claimed fish so far and whether the majority are the ones that don't eat other fish but some cursory research suggests that there isn't any distinction there.

The other thing I thought of was to check whether all of the claimed fish are reef-compatible or not (yes this is apparently a thing) and it seems that there's no problem there either.

Right now I'm suspicious of Baske purely because of him being a whale shark and therefore super-huge, and Excelsior because of the claim issues.

Alex
    posted 09 August 2014 11:59 AM EDT (US)     69 / 401       
    Unvote: Herr
    The other thing I thought of was to check whether all of the claimed fish are reef-compatible or not (yes this is apparently a thing) and it seems that there's no problem there either.
    The only one I've found that isn't particularly reef compatible is the dolphin. They live around reefs but usually stick to the shallower coastal waters.

scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 10 August 2014 07:34 AM EDT (US)     70 / 401       
    Well as we are only 2 names away I think we should get them before we make a decision on what we do next, Yeeb may still have some lead to follow on name claims.
    ninjapenguin981
    Mortal
    (id: ninjapenguin)
    posted 10 August 2014 07:46 AM EDT (US)     71 / 401       
    Right, I now have internet access for at least the next week (but probably the forseeable future).

I am a Striped Surgeonfish.

ninjapenguin981
    I AM THE ALMIGHTY ETERNAL LOSER SISSY BOY
    Excelsior
    Mortal
    posted 12 August 2014 12:40 PM EDT (US)     72 / 401       
    I am hoping Blatant didn't make the roles per name-claim obvious....
    Yeebaagooon
    EXCO Emeritus
    posted 12 August 2014 01:24 PM EDT (US)     73 / 401       
    Only Ash has not name claimed.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "I saw the picture and became immediately worried about Yeeb seducing and buying out Zen" - Shanks13
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto 5.0|Multiplayer: Minigames X 4.7|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
    Cheddar Chap
    Mortal
    posted 12 August 2014 03:08 PM EDT (US)     74 / 401       
    Dude, if yo'v been paying any attention at all that much would be clear. How is a Saddleback Butterflyfish's role obvious? Or, conversely, to which fish would a cop role be assigned? It's pretty obvious this is just a waste of time.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    Excelsior
    Mortal
    posted 12 August 2014 03:53 PM EDT (US)     75 / 401       
    ......You have a better plan?

It is Day 1. The only thing we currently have is discussion, with the hope that something useful comes up. If you have a better avenue of discussion, I believe the game is ripe for it. (Although with only Ash's nameclaim left, we might as well close that road while we're on it.)
    « Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 ··· 10 ··· 16  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames