You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.401 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » Coral Reef Mafia: Endgame
Bottom
Topic Subject:Coral Reef Mafia: Endgame
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 6 ··· 10 ··· 16  Next Page »
Blatant
DoFH Seraph & Director of Seraphs
(id: blatant7)
posted 29 July 2014 03:27 PM EDT (US)         

Life was good in the coral reef. Countless species of colorful fish lived out their lives, found mates, and raised families of their own. Everything was as it should be. Then, one day, a dark figure swam overhead, blocking out the sun and shrouding everything in darkness. There was a new danger in the reef, and it threatened to end the fishes peaceful way of life forever.

Rules:

• This game is closed communication unless specified in your role email.
  • Don't directly quote your role email.
  • Don't edit any of your posts in the game thread.
  • Don't post after the day has ended.
  • Please vote and unvote correctly.
  • An inactive fish is a dead fish. Don't be an inactive fish.
  • Don't post after you're dead.
  • Normal mafia game mechanics apply.
  • Night will not last longer than 48 hours.
  • Just keep swimming.

Still swimming:

1.Ashrzr
    2.Baske
    3.scragins

Belly up:
    1.Out Reach - Sunset Wrasse - VT
    2.Excelsior - Moorish Idol - VT
    3.Herr - Potter's Angelfish - VT
    4.WRP - Grey Reef Shark - Mafia Goon
    5.sneaky squirrel - Great White Shark - Mafia Godfather
    6.Yeeb - Blue-Spotted Stingray - Roleblocker
    7.Cheddar Chap - Saddleback Butterflyfish - VT
    7.Alex - Golden Damselfish - VT
    8.ninjapenguin - Striped Surgeonfish - Doctor

Replacements:
    1.Lewonas

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
    But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson

[This message has been edited by Blatant (edited 11-11-2014 @ 07:51 PM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    Ashrzr
    Battle of the Forums EEH winning team
    (id: normandy887)
    posted 12 August 2014 04:44 PM EDT (US)     76 / 401       
    Sorry for the delay. I'm a Masked Bannerfish.

My top three suspicions are Baske (Whale Shark), Excelsior (Moorish Idol), and WRP (Bottle-Nose Dolphin). Mainly just Baske. I'm only suspicious of Excelsior because of his odd blunder and WRP because a dolphin does not fit in with the rest; those two are hunches, but Baske having claimed a shark gives off a bad vibe and something more tangible to go on.

"Cue gang-rape music!" - Rotaretilbo
    "What the f*** is gang-rape music?" - Cheddar Chap
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 12 August 2014 08:30 PM EDT (US)     77 / 401       
    I'm the bottle nose-dolphin, not WRP.
    So Yeeb is your idea about name claims giving you any insight into the situation?
    sneaky_squirrel
    Mortal
    posted 12 August 2014 08:48 PM EDT (US)     78 / 401       
    Yes, I am also very curious about Yeebaagooon's idea.

How can names give us clues?

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
    Cheddar Chap
    Mortal
    (id: The Cheese Man)
    posted 12 August 2014 10:19 PM EDT (US)     79 / 401       
    A better plan? This isn't even a plan. There's literally no progress to be made name-claiming. Everyone's name-claimed and there are no clues to be had from it. And it was painfully obvious from the start there wouldn't be.

I find it amusing how you vocally worry that this game might be too obvious if we all name-claim. "Gosh, I sure hope our host didn't give our villains and power roles telling names."

I think we need to random pressure.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
    Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
    Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
    Weed Basket
    Carrier-pigeon of bad news
    (id: Baske)
    posted 13 August 2014 01:29 AM EDT (US)     80 / 401       
    Let me just cut right here. I now read two people calling my name.

I'm perfectly aware that Whale Shark gives off bad vibes. If I were trying to conceal that fact I'd have picked one of the million other species floating around, and would have just claimed that.

There's exactly one of the reasons why I claimed exactly what I am, and was hoping to get some comments on it. Having seen all the name claims now, it's become painfully obvious to me that you can just straight out lie about your role. All you need is to look for a specific fish species, and write it down. Would anyone not have believed me if I'd have written down that I'm a 'Prussian Carp'?

Whale sharks, even though the latter in the name might suggest something else, are calm non-hostile creatures. Apart from being big, there's not much else I do than float around..

What I also want to say is; do not believe any name claims you see. It's just too easy to claim something else in this particular meta.

ďSi vis pacem, para bellumĒ
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 13 August 2014 02:30 AM EDT (US)     81 / 401       
    I'm perfectly aware that Whale Shark gives off bad vibes. If I were trying to conceal that fact I'd have picked one of the million other species floating around, and would have just claimed that.
    I agree I think that the more out of place the species is the less likely it would be for scum to actually claim, whereas town would be more less inclined to change their claim due to lynch all liars, which even if we have not decided to enforce people still think about. But then of course scum could easily think likewise and simply not change their claim.
    Yeebaagooon
    EXCO Emeritus
    posted 13 August 2014 03:44 AM EDT (US)     82 / 401       
    I will reveal my thinking when Ash name claims, sadly no yield from it yet.

I would also defend Baske as well.
    In England we have a similar species, a basking shark.
    Now this thing is massive, but it doesn't eat fish. It's essentially just a filter. Technically it's also a fish as well but haven't looked into whether this applies to Baske yet.
    If you say name claiming is pointless, don't go after Baske because of his name claim! Question the gut vibes from people's posting.

I wasn't too fond of WRP's post on the last page.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "I saw the picture and became immediately worried about Yeeb seducing and buying out Zen" - Shanks13
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto 5.0|Multiplayer: Minigames X 4.7|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 13 August 2014 03:51 AM EDT (US)     83 / 401       
    Ash has claimed I thought.
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 13 August 2014 03:52 AM EDT (US)     84 / 401       
    Yes, Ash has claimed.
    Sorry for the delay. I'm a Masked Bannerfish.
    ninjapenguin981
    Mortal
    (id: ninjapenguin)
    posted 13 August 2014 05:19 AM EDT (US)     85 / 401       
    Even if your theory hasn't revealed anything Yeeb, I'd be interested in hearing it anyway as it might inspire other ideas.

ninjapenguin981
    I AM THE ALMIGHTY ETERNAL LOSER SISSY BOY
    Yeebaagooon
    EXCO Emeritus
    posted 13 August 2014 06:54 AM EDT (US)     86 / 401       
    Ah sorry I missed it, busy morning.

I was looking for location of all the name claims. We are all members of the great barrier reef.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    "I saw the picture and became immediately worried about Yeeb seducing and buying out Zen" - Shanks13
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto 5.0|Multiplayer: Minigames X 4.7|CSC 7
    Excelsior
    Mortal
    posted 13 August 2014 07:56 AM EDT (US)     87 / 401       
    If we want to random pressure anyone, I suggest we go on Ash, as I feel he is one of the less random lines of inquiry.

1.We know he has a night action. Iím not saying how we know, but that should be simple enough to guess. I don't want to reveal which one it might be, but I fear that might be the gamble in having him pressured. Town's call.

2.He late-claimed, which is fine, but he gave no satisfactory reason. I fear he may have been fishing for a good fake-claim, but IDK. It is however a reason for random pressure, if only to explain the late-claim. And RL is indeed more important than mafia.

3.He was one of the first to ask for my full-claim. Now I personally donít like that, because even through my blunder it is rather easy to see that, Iím either town or a bad scum player. I however know which side Iím on, so someone asking for my full-claim raises my personal alarms. Usually my alarms are decently useful for my playstyle, so this point made it on my list. All of yaíll are free to ignore it, however.

4.His name is a masked bannerfish. This is not really a useful point to make, but, it is a tiny piece of circumstantial thought that could portray a scum player. I do not wish to descend to the same line of thinking that led WRP and Herr to say Iím scum do to my mistake on being a god, therefore scummy, but it is there nonetheless. Take it for what itís worth.

This is merely to get the ball rolling. I would also like to hear Yeeb's additional opinion on the name claims, as well as other lines of investigation.
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 13 August 2014 09:03 AM EDT (US)     88 / 401       
    I was looking for location of all the name claims. We are all members of the great barrier reef.
    Yeeb I already discussed this point and the one confirmed name claim (and townie) of Out Reach as Sunset Wrasse is not native to the great Barrier Reef. I have been to the Great Barrier Reef and I can tell you it is nowhere near Mexico or Peru.
    ninjapenguin981
    Mortal
    posted 13 August 2014 09:43 AM EDT (US)     89 / 401       
    Great Barrier Reef is in Oceania/Australasia if I recall correctly, isn't this supposed to be near the Caribbean?

ninjapenguin981
    WRP
    Mortal
    (id: WRP_BEATER)
    posted 13 August 2014 11:07 AM EDT (US)     90 / 401       
    My top three suspicions are Baske (Whale Shark), Excelsior (Moorish Idol), and WRP (Bottle-Nose Dolphin). Mainly just Baske. I'm only suspicious of Excelsior because of his odd blunder and WRP because a dolphin does not fit in with the rest; those two are hunches, but Baske having claimed a shark gives off a bad vibe and something more tangible to go on.
    I'm a parrotfish.
    Nice! Where exactly in the U.S.?
    Close to DC
    4.His name is a masked bannerfish. This is not really a useful point to make, but, it is a tiny piece of circumstantial thought that could portray a scum player. I do not wish to descend to the same line of thinking that led WRP and Herr to say Iím scum do to my mistake on being a god, therefore scummy, but it is there nonetheless. Take it for what itís worth.
    Yet you're stating it.

AoMH retired Scenario designer
    Skarr: "I wish WRP_Beater would stop abusing the poor BBCode."
    lostrozzacavalli: "Mezzo e un minuto." | "I'm joking ragazzo."
    Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
    Herr Heir
    Mortal
    (id: Heir of Elessar)
    posted 13 August 2014 12:10 PM EDT (US)     91 / 401       
    Location being a bit of a giveaway was always an option, I don't see why we all had to nameclaim so early for it. Granted we don't appear to have lost anything except some time.

Anyways,
    Whale sharks, even though the latter in the name might suggest something else, are calm non-hostile creatures. Apart from being big, there's not much else I do than float around..
    My concern is with the size though, and that is because the flavor in the OP mentions a huge, dark shadow that blocked out everything.
    Well, for one this is OMGUS, and secondly you yourself admitted that you didn't know if there would be any negative consequences to lying so you might as well have chosen the safer option which would be to tell the truth about who you are.

On a side-note I find it interesting that Yeeb mentions that we're all members of the great barrier reef when the Sunset Wrasse has already been established as a non-Barrier reef fish. Or I might be reading too much into it.

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
    Herr Heir
    Mortal
    (id: Heir of Elessar)
    posted 13 August 2014 12:12 PM EDT (US)     92 / 401       
    My concern is with the size though, and that is because the flavor in the OP mentions a huge, dark shadow that blocked out everything.
    Actually, now that I think about it, could this be a human ship or something that is catching fish from the reef?

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
    Yeebaagooon
    EXCO Emeritus
    posted 13 August 2014 01:12 PM EDT (US)     93 / 401       
    I would also like to hear Yeeb's additional opinion on the name claims, as well as other lines of investigation.
    I have no suspicions based on name claims alone, every one including Sunset Wrasse can be found there. Voting wise I have no suspicions strong enough to cause me to vote yet.
    Well, for one this is OMGUS
    I don't respect OMGUS, he made a valid point.
    Great Barrier Reef is in Oceania/Australasia if I recall correctly, isn't this supposed to be near the Caribbean?
    Where did you get that from?

Alex
    (VIP) Reverie World Studios
    (id: pEpsIdUDe_123)
    posted 13 August 2014 01:21 PM EDT (US)     94 / 401       
    Wiki might not associate the Sunset Wrasse with the Great Barrier Reef, but there are 1,030 Google results that do.

I'd personally like a full claim from scragins. Unlike whale sharks that eat mostly plankton and microscopic prey, dolphins are active predators that eat larger fish. They also don't chew their prey - they either pick the meat off the bones or swallow a fish whole and regurgitate the bones - matching the discovery of the sunset wrasse's bones. Plus, dolphins don't typically hang out in reefs except to feed or give birth.

ninjapenguin981
    Mortal
    posted 13 August 2014 01:30 PM EDT (US)     95 / 401       
    I thought someone posted saying it was but re-reading the thread I must have imagined it.

ninjapenguin981
    Ashrzr
    Battle of the Forums EEH winning team
    (id: normandy887)
    posted 13 August 2014 02:44 PM EDT (US)     96 / 401       
    Whale sharks, even though the latter in the name might suggest something else, are calm non-hostile creatures. Apart from being big, there's not much else I do than float around.
    You're right.

scragins seems to me a good alternative lead, especially after learning that bottle-nose dolphins eat fish (they always seemed so sweet). It looks like we *puts on sunglasses* have bigger fish to fry.
    Actually, now that I think about it, could this be a human ship or something that is catching fish from the reef?
    I doubt the OP references a ship, because the figure "swam." Scragins mentioned that it could be a stingray (Yeeb), which seems a likely culprit, given a stingray's lateral size.
    although on second thought I did retract my request for Ash, as I think I have a feel for why he wanted my claim.
    If we want to random pressure anyone, I suggest we go on Ash, as I feel he is one of the less random lines of inquiry.
    Why the sudden change of heart?

"Cue gang-rape music!" - Rotaretilbo
    "What the f*** is gang-rape music?" - Cheddar Chap
    Excelsior
    Mortal
    posted 13 August 2014 02:57 PM EDT (US)     97 / 401       
    Not sudden at all, I gave it a week. However, the "second thought" I had still stands, so you see I don't necessarily want you dead, you're not that scummy, yet. Random pressure never hurts anybody, though I did want more verbage from you.

I will confess, dolphins do seem like a good mafia hide for Blatant to use, due to the general perception of them being playful animals.

BTW, like the sunglasses.
    sneaky_squirrel
    Mortal
    posted 13 August 2014 03:34 PM EDT (US)     98 / 401       
    All the names have been collected. For the sake of convenience I will post a list we can use as reference (I made sure to double check the names, hopefully I made no mistakes).

1.Yeebaagooon Blue spotted Stingray
    2.Ashrzr Masked Bannerfish
    3.WRP Blue Parrotfish
    4.Cheddar Chap Saddleback Butterflyfish
    5.Baske Whale Shark
    6.ninjapenguin Striped Surgeonfish
    7.Herr Potter's Angelfish
    9.sneaky squirrel Powder-black Surgeonfish
    10.scragins Bottle Nose-dolphin
    11.Alex Golden Damselfish
    12.Excelsior Moorish Idol

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
    sneaky_squirrel
    Mortal
    posted 13 August 2014 04:02 PM EDT (US)     99 / 401       
    I can't really see any pattern that merits a vote from the name list. The most odd claim for me was scragin's "Bottle Nose-dolphin" which is the only animal who is not a fish, but he could still be town.

If we go for no lynch, we will only lose a townie in the night (and learn his role). I don't like that outcome.

I say we should random pressure, role names might not be an indicator of power roles at all.

Cheddar Chap
    Mortal
    (id: The Cheese Man)
    posted 13 August 2014 06:13 PM EDT (US)     100 / 401       
    Vote: Excel
    1.We know he has a night action.
    We have exactly zero evidence of this. Seriously, not even a hint that he has even a passive ability such as iron or double-vote, let alone an active ability like doctor, cop, role-blocker, vigilante, or hitman.

Until you can show me evidence of this "knowledge", I'm keeping my vote on you for spreading misinformation.
    He late-claimed
    So did I.
    I fear he may have been fishing for a good fake-claim
    Explain how one needs to search for a "good" fake-claim when there are literally thousands of species of fish, all of them clearly somewhat obscure. Seriously, I could have just picked a random fish from this [urlhttp://www.greatbarrierreef.com.au/animals/fish/=]article and been just fine.
    He was one of the first to ask for my full-claim...
    Because you were being a blundering fool.
    it is rather easy to see that, Iím either town or a bad scum player.
    I was about to jump on you for that but I actually had to reread your stupidity a couple of times to see that you were probably just being dumb. So don't tell us that it's easy to see that.

Besides, I'm now leaning toward bad scum instead of Town.
    His name is a masked bannerfish... it is a tiny piece of circumstantial thought that could portray a scum player.
    Holy... f*cking... shit. I'm a Saddleback Butterfly fish. Clearly that means I'm a gunslinger because I have saddle in my name.
    Take it for what itís worth.
    Absolutely nothing, so why'd you say it?

Yup. If Excel isn't scum he's the worst Townie since ColdViper.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
    Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
    Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
    « Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 6 ··· 10 ··· 16  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames