This is a new AoM:TT shell posted in response to a a discussion thread on a best of aomh mods.
Feel free to download it, but it will only be supported for the best of release (by this I mean it should work, but if anything you use it for gets overwritten, that is your risk).
Read Me Content
HOW IT WORKS
aomzmod.exe, is based on Ykkrosh's aomxmod and the extensions I made for Age of Middle Earth (aomemod.exe).
This .exe has the following changes from the standard AoM:TT version:
1. Protounit and Technology definitions are loaded from a protoz.xmb and techtreez.xmb file. The zpack_data.bar contains copies of these files (which at present are just copies of the TT release versions of protox.xmb and techtreex.xmb (e.g. they include no additional units).
2. Text is referenced from the zpacklanguage.dll file (included and currently a copy of the original xpacklanguage.dll).
3. Soundsets are defined from a soundset-zpack.xmb/xml file.
4. It loads a list of additional .bar files, held in the barlstz.txt file (you can still use Ykkrosh's barlist.txt with aomxmod.exe for your own mods, while using the new ones for the best of edition).
This Release will install the following files:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\loadingz1024.bmp
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\loadingz1280.bmp
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\loadingz640.bmp
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\loadingz800.bmp
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\splashz.bmp
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\barlstz.txt
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\zpacklanguage.dll
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\aomzmod.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\anim\zpack_anim.bar
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\data\zpack_data.bar
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\history2\zpack_history.bar
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\models\zpack_models.bar
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\sound\zpack_sounds.bar
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\textures\zpack_textures.bar
With the exception of the zpack_data.bar and zpack_sound.bar the other .bat files are empty. The data bar includes two files protoz.xmb and techtreez.xmb. The sound bar file includes two files soundset-zpack.xmb and soundset-zpack.xml.
The splashz and loadingzXXX.bmp files are for example purposes only. The splash is shown at start-up and the loading files get displayed after the into cinematic. The different loading bitmaps are the same, just resized for different display settings.
Note: This version uses standard AoM:TT major gods, minor gods and mood music.
HOW TO INSTALL
Extract the file AOMZPack.exe and run it, and the files will be installed in the correct directories. As all the files use different names to those in AoM or AoM:TT it will NOT overwrite anything.
HOW TO USE
Double click on aomzmod.exe. You will notice that the interim startup bitmaps make it look different.
At present aomz will have exactly the same as character set as AoM:TT.
To make a Best Of, you will need to do the following.
1. Make sure you have Ykkrosh's Bar Builder installed.
3. Copy the relevant anim, history, models, sounds and texture files for all the mods into their respective folders.
4. Convert the protoz.xmb file provide to .xml and merge all the new protounit definitions into the
.xml and then reconvert it to .xmb format.
5. Convert the techtreez.xmb file provide to .xml and merge all the new technology definitions into the
.xml and then reconvert it to .xmb format.
6. Add all the next text entries in to the zpacklanguage.dll file
. Note if you are using Vachu's Text Editor, it saves the output as language.dll so you will need to rename this file.
7. Drag and Drop each of the above sub-directories (from 2) into Ykkrosh's Bar Builder. This will create a
new set of .bar files. These can then be moved into the appropriate Age of Mythology directories.
Out Of All modification utilities this is by far the best! With this as a template, Anyone can create a new civ without the hassle. It is a great download and i recommend to all modders, seeking to create a master piece. Caines you might actually be the best modder here in aomh.